I feel like a junior listen to high school lessons. I start to question my intelligence.
This big thing I learned this week was translate English to symbolic form. At first, I was frustrated because the English words such as 'if....then...',' are', 'except' etc were confusing me, but after a while, I figure out the concept of doing this and I was happy about that.
I am still having question about the first slide of this week which is the idiom one. The slide uses 'imply' to present 'Every D that is a P is also a Q' and I think I understand it. The thing makes me fear is that for 'Some D that is a P is also a Q' uses 'And', which really frustrate me. Why does the symbol changes? This question is surrounding in my brain for a while and I hope someone can answer it for me.
I almost finished my assignment and I think the assignment is really hard. You need to follow the lecture and understand the course material. A lot of questions take a lot of time and You have to think for each of the question, the questions are not that obvious to see the answer. And after I finish it, the important thing I feel is there are only a few questions which I surely get it right, almost every of them I'm not sure. CSC165 is the hardest course I learned so far. I understand that CSC165 isn't just having logic, it includes math problems also, because I am not good at math, so now I am afraid of the course.
By the way, I just finished my MAT137 test and I think I didn't do well on it. And I have a econ test on Monday and I have two exams on the week after. Life is hard.....
The reason ^ is used instead of => is because in the second case we have an existential quantifier. Try to understand what the meaning of the two different statements is, and what would the second statement mean if you replaced the ^ with =>.
ReplyDelete